May 29, 2014

Flora Focus || Peony

Time to learn about my favorite flowers, Peonies!!! I just think they have the most gorgeous blooms, they are huge! I have 2 of these bushes in my yard and neither of them bloomed, so I just had to go out and buy myself some. I love that they bud out as almost perfect balls and open up to reveal a huge flower. Flowers are amazing. Is this bloom anyone else's favorite?

Peony
Botanical Name: Paeonia spp.
Flower: Blooms late spring to early summer in many colors, including pink, white and red. Large, round blooms with round petals.
Leaf: Compound leaves with smooth margins.
Meaning: Anger

19 comments:

  1. Love peonies! Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on all your recent successes! Loved your ModCloth interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really gorgeous

    stop by,
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How weird that their meaning is anger. I never knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never resist picking up a bouquet of peonies - they're the prettiest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love peonies!! Beautiful pictures by the way!! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, peonies are definitely one of my favourites! funny how the meaning for them is anger, i wonder why! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Im going to have to look into that one a little deeper..

      Delete
  8. Love those photos, very cute! You have gorgeous hair!

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Search Pretty Lovely