May 7, 2014

Backyard Spring Bouquet

Hello! I hope everyones weeks are going good so far. Yesterday I spent some time in the yard picking flowers and decided to make a little tiny arrangement out of them. I have been loving experimenting with different flowers and figuring out what I think goes together and different color combinations. What you see in this little posy are really the only flowers blooming in the yard right now.
If you wanted to create this yourself, the recipe is..
3 stems anemone
3 stems ranunculus 
4 stems scabiosa
1 branch of a dogwood
1 stem snapdragon (its hiding in the back)
And I don't know the name if that little pink flower with the variegated leaf in the bottom right…

Have you created any arrangements or bouquets lately? If you have link them below, I would love to see!
 If you have an interest in floral design or want to know more about flowers in general, then you must enter the Fresh from the Field Wedding Flowers Book giveaway! There are only a couple of days left!

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous blooms!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sighs* such a dreamy and lovely bloom! ♥
    Love,
    Lottie | Little Once Upon a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lottie! Blooms really do make you sigh… they're the best

      Delete
  3. Very sweet. The variegated plant is lamium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful jar of spring! Your ranunculus are so pretty - I struggle to grow them but keep trying. I post a vase of flowers from my english garden every week at www.peoniesandposies.com. The posts are in the category In A Vase On Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im going to have to check it out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful! Happy I found your blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, I just read your about page. I am in WA too and graduated from UW with a horticulture/landscape degree. :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so crazy!! I love finding other WA bloggers!

      Delete

Search Pretty Lovely