September 2, 2014

Floret Flowers Seasonal Floral Intensive Workshop | Recap

As a lot of you may know, last week I took a huge plunge and decided to learn from the best there is. I joined Erin Benzakein of Floret for her Seasonal Floral Intensive Workshop. It was an amazing 2 days and something that I will not forget anytime soon. It was the perfect way to begin what will hopefully be a long journey of arranging flowers. And if the future is anything like the past 2 weeks have been, it will be a fun one.
The setting she chose for this workshop was completely perfect. An old, refurbished red barn in the middle of the picture perfect Skagit Valley, WA. I just wish I had a photo that captured ALL of the flowers that took up one whole wall of the barn that they had already harvested for us and we headed out to her farm to harvest even more flowers! I wish you could have seen the place after that. Incredible.
She showed us how to make a large urn arrangement, a small table arrangement and a wild and loose bridal bouquet. After each demonstration we were set loose with all of the flowers to see what we could do. Having never made anything like that before, I loved finally being able to create the things that I have been wanting to create for months but have never had the resources. Especially the resources grown just a mile or 2 from where we were.
The workshop ended with the most gorgeous dinner prepared by Ashley of Not Without Salt on the most beautiful table I have ever eaten at. Hops hanging from the ceiling and eating by candlelight in an old barn was complete magic and something you would only see in magazines. Which you will see in about a year. A magazine was there the whole second day shooting our workshop. That was really awesome to see the behind the scenes stuff. I can't wait to see the article they write.
I am so glad I decided to join Erin, her team and the other ladies that were there. I made some amazing connections, learned so so much and had the best time. This was one of the best things I could have done for myself right now. And really there are no words I can say that accurately describe this experience, so you are just going to have to take my word for it that it was the best one.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your this post totally made my day! I am going to Erin's in October for the floral intensive, I am so nervous and excited. I was great to hear that the leap of faith was worth it. I'm so excited to watch your business grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like so much fun! everything is beautiful!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

Search Pretty Lovely