January 23, 2014

Handwritten Letters

If you remember from this post, one of my goals for this year is to write more handwritten letters and postcards and send them the old fashioned way, through the mail! This is an art, yes art, that is going out of style. However I have been seeing so many bloggers write posts like this and setting up link ups and matching people up with pen pals, it has been unreal! So maybe this art isn't going anywhere just yet. That is if we have anything to say about it.

The Fun Part
  • Writing letters is fun, because it is fun getting stuff in the mail! I don't know anyone who doesn't love getting a package or a little handwritten envelope with their name on it. Much better than getting a Facebook message or an email. 
  • I know there are a lot of people out there, including me sometimes, who wish they lived in an earlier time period. Writing letters and postcards is reminiscent of the old times. If you can't live back then, you can at least do some of what they did. 
  • Letters and postcards are something that you can hold on to, keep and look back on when you are older. A couple of years ago, my grandma was looking through an old suitcase filled with her old pictures and letters my grandpa had written to her way back when. She read them and was immediately taken back to that time. Who doesn't want that? 
  • There are so many different types of stationery and postcards to choose from that you can really make it personal to the person you are writing to. I have really been wanting some personalized stationery for the longest time! It just sounds so professional, you know? Tiny Prints is perfect for this. They have so many different designs and styles to choose from. All of them customizable with either your full name, initials or even pictures on some of them. Pretty neat huh? 

Where to get the Pretty Writing Material
  • Tiny Prints! They really have so much stuff to look at. There are so many cards to choose from and personalize with your name and even pictures. 
  • Modcloth has this really awesome box of postcards. I also have my eye on these
  • I love these, these and these from Rifle Paper Co. 

Getting Organized
  • To keep all of your supplies in one place, it would be a good idea to get a box to store everything like stamps, pens, cute ribbon or tape. You know. That sort of stuff.
  • It would also be a good idea to get a notebook or address book to keep all of your collected addresses in one spot. I have my eye on this one and this one from Tiny Prints. 
Thanks for reading and I hope this inspires you to write more letters! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to write some myself. 

4 comments:

  1. there is something so special about handwritten things. love it <3


    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE writing letters AND getting them in return...with all the social media and quick texting, they have gone to the wayside but I still get them in the mail. I've started my daughter writing a few of her pen pals too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love how your doing this challenge. I love writing special little notes to my friends :)

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is just something more magical about sending and receiving handwritten letters!

    ReplyDelete

Search Pretty Lovely