March 18, 2014

Spring Lip Favorites


Hello! With spring arriving this week, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about my favorite spring lip products. As much as I love the deep reds and plums in the fall and winter, I am always happy to put those away and bring out the lighter colors for a fresh, clean look.

Maybelline Color Whisper in Pink Possibilities || I have been wearing this one the most this week. It is a bright pink that goes on sheer, giving you just enough color, without being too loud. I love this whole line by Maybelline. If I were to only recommend one product, this one would be it.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart || This is another light option, but it gives you much more color than the Color Whisper. So they are sort of like a lipstick but much, much more moisturizing and it doesn't feel heavy like lipsticks can. This color is a bright pink, perfect for spring.

Maybelline Elixir in Breathtaking Apricot || I would describe this as an opaque lipgloss. You've got tons of shine and tons of color in one product. And the best part, its not sticky!

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Starlet || This is another lipgloss (obviously) but not quite as opaque as the Elixir. I don't believe this one is available anymore, but it is pretty easy to find a light pink gloss with gold shimmer. It gives you tons of shine, without being too much.

MAC Lipstick in Hue || For those days when you want a clean, bare face. Its a pinky nude and is good to have on hand when you don't want color.

I really shouldn't ask you this, because I don't need anymore lip products, but what are your favorite lippies for spring? I would love to know!

Thanks for reading and have a great day!
xo

11 comments:

  1. I love my Revlon Lip butters so much in the spring! I recently picked up a color whisper and accidentally bought the wrong color I was so disappointed haha. I'll have to look into this color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybelline Pink Possibilites is one of my favorites!!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in need of a good pink lip!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find a good one with this list!

      Delete
  4. I love my Tarte Amazonian Lip Butter! I recommend it, it's amazing! :-) Feels like actual butter on your lips. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive wanted to try those for the longest time! Im going to have to give this a try now :)

      Delete
  5. I have a couple of the Color Whisper lip colors, but I can't get it to stay on! Do you wear liner with it? I'm a totally newbie when it comes to makeup so any tips for how to get lip color to stay would be awesome!

    xo Kimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear liner with it, I just continue to apply it throughout the day. I think it is sheer enough that you don't need a mirror to reapply.

      Delete
  6. Pretty choices, I keep meaning to try the Maybelline Colour Whispers!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Search Pretty Lovely