June 12, 2013

Like my Grandma's Chicken Soup

Next week I am heading to Vegas (!!!) so to prepare for the all the extra food that will eaten, I have been cleansing for the past two weeks. Which means I have only been eating fruit, vegetables, chicken and steak. No sugar, dairy, breads or processed foods among other things. It's difficult, but worth it in the end. My mom and I were craving something else, so we started to read the labels of things we had in the cupboard, threw it in a pot and made the most delicious soup! Almost as good as my grandmas chicken soup, but there is stuff in hers that we can't eat right now. Remind me to put her recipe on here sometime.
This is what we put in it
2-3 cans Water
Chicken
1 can Tomato Sauce
1 can Died Tomatoes and Green Chilies
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
Chopped Celery
Chopped Onion
Chopped Carrot
Chopped Garlic
Garlic Salt
Garlic Powder
Poultry Seasoning
Cilantro

The amount of vegetables and seasoning can vary, depending on what you like. Just add all these ingredients in a pot, boil and serve! So good and so so easy! Enjoy!


2 comments:

Search Pretty Lovely